Be Here Now Planet Citizen @ PlanetCitizen.org
Energy Priorities, Geo-politics & Fracking in the US
Production Up, Priorities Go to Fossil Fuels
- New Fracking Production Technology Changes Near-term Projections
- Costs of Environmental Impacts Put Off by the Trump Administration
Let's Talk Coal
Elon Musk Talks Need for Alternatives to Fossil Fuels
"The greater the change to the chemical composition of the physical, chemical makeup of the oceans and atmosphere [due to increased carbon emissions], the greater the long-term effect will be... [W]hy would you run this crazy experiment to see how bad it'll be? We know it's at least some bad, and the overwhelming scientific consensus is that it'll be really bad."
“Even if you put the environmental consequences of dramatically changing the chemical composition of the oceans and atmosphere aside, we will eventually run out of oil...
"If we don’t find a solution to burning oil for transport, and we then run out of oil, the economy will collapse and civilization will come to an end as we know it. And so if we know that we have to ultimately get off oil no matter what — we know that is an inescapable outcome, it’s simply a question of when, not if...
"Then, why would you run this crazy experiment of changing the chemical composition of the atmosphere and oceans by adding enormous amounts of CO2 that’ve been buried since the pre-Cambrian era? That’s crazy. That is the dumbest experiment in history, by far. Can you think of a dumber experiment? I honestly cannot. What good could possibly come of it?”
Fossil Fuel Bubbles
World Oil Report
International Climate Policy Plans
Costs of War -- Strategic Conflict over Energy
ExxonMobile: A Case Study
- Wall Street Journal Editorial Board Meltsdown over Exxon with Bizarre Accusation: Like Cromwell Did Catholics?
- >U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, Rhode Island Democrat, leading voice on climate change, locked in bitter brawl with Wall Street Journal editorial page over his proposal to sue fossil fuel companies for fraud
- NY's State Attorney and Calif's AG Go After ExxonMobil ♦ Exxon Bkrd ♦ Exxon, the Road Not Taken ♦ FBI Probe, More AGs Support Investigation of ExxonMobil
- >Money-in-Politics: Giants of the oil and gas industry spend millions in 2015 to manipulate lawmakers and public discourse on climate change
- Oil Change International ... "Exposing the true costs of fossil fuels"
- While Renewable Energy expands globally with a wide range of investments in energy alternatives to fossil fuels, ExxonMobil predicts "long-term energy demand growth", increased oil/gas profits and "gains in energy efficiency and increased use of renewable energy and lower carbon fuels such as natural gas likely will help lower by half the “carbon intensity of the global economy.”
- Guardian: "Thorough and accessible portrait of a secretive corporation is fascinating and deeply disturbing"
- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: Penguin - May 2013
“ExxonMobil has met its match in Coll, an elegant writer and dogged reporter… extraordinary… monumental.”
- -- Washington Post
“Fascinating… Private Empire is a book meticulously prepared as if for trial, a lawyerly accumulation of information that lets the facts speak for themselves… a compelling and elucidatory work.”
- -- Bloomberg
“Private Empire is meticulous, multi-angled and valuable… Mr. Coll’s prose sweeps the earth like an Imax camera.”
- -- Dwight Garner, NY Times
"ExxonMobil has cut a ruthless path through the Age of Oil. Yet intense secrecy has kept one of the world's largest companies a mystery, until now. Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power is a masterful study of Big Oil's biggest player… Coll's in-depth reporting, buttressed by his anecdotal prose, make Private Empire a must-read. Consider Private Empire a sequel of sorts to The Prize, Daniel Yergin's Pulitzer-winning history of the oil industry… Coll's portrait of ExxonMobil is both riveting and appalling… Yet Private Empire is not so much an indictment as a fascinating look into American business and politics. With each chapter as forceful as a New Yorker article, the book abounds in Dickensian characters.”
- -- San Francisco Chronicle
"Coll makes clear in his magisterial account that Exxon is mighty almost beyond imagining, producing more profit than any American company in the history of profit, the ultimate corporation in 'an era of corporate ascendancy.' This history of its last two decades is therefore a revealing history of our time, a chronicle of the intersection between energy and politics."
- -- Bill McKibben, NY Review of Books
"Groundbreaking... Masterful as a corporate portrait, Private Empire gushes with narrative."
- -- American Prospect
ExxonMobil Under Investigation
- Money-in-Politics: Giants of the oil and gas industry spend millions in 2015 to manipulate lawmakers and public discourse on climate change
Oil Change International ... "Exposing the true costs of fossil fuels"
Exxon Mobile predicts "long-term demand growth" and profits in investor report...
- Today in Energy -- US Energy Information Agency -- https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Arctic (5)
Pages in category "Fossil Fuels"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
Media in category "Fossil Fuels"
The following 50 files are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Arctic Sea Ice News.png
- Bridenstine talks.png
- Climate Lawsuit-Our Ch...
- Climate skeptics, scie...
- Energy dependency-EU-2...
- Exxon-Russia abandon o...
- Fracking or not.png
- GCAS original.png
- Inhofe and the Snowbal...
- James Hansen - NY Time...
- Jerry Brown-Climate We...
- Jerry Brown-Global Cli...
- Jim Inhofe official ph...
- Jorge Leon Arellano OP...
- Lamar Smith Denial Off...
- Launching soon.png
- Merchants of Doubt.jpg
- Mr Johnson from Ohio.png
- Off shore oil rig Cata...
- Paleoclimate-at the Mu...
- Pruitt in the news dai...
- There is no Planet B M...
- Tillerson Sec of State...
- Tillerson-Putin mtg.jpg
- US Crude oil productio...
- World Map of Energy De...
- World Oil Report - Dec...