Each of us can make a difference if we step up and try our best / Becoming Planet Citizens
File:Jerry Brown AGU-Dec14,2016.png
Jerry Brown speaks to the AGU national conference - 2016
- The American Geophysical speech at YouTube:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLHWFO6DwE (Watch @GreenPolicy)
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
AGU’s Fall Meeting is the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world.
The American Geophysical Union (AGU) is an international scientific society dedicated to promoting discovery in Earth and space science for the benefit of humanity.
On those satellites referred to by Andrew Revkin:
Jerry Brown speaking to the scientists of the AGU...
"We got the scientists. We got the lawyers. And we're ready to fight. We're ready to defend. And California is no stranger to this fight... California is the future.
"We are pioneering space... Now some people say they're going to turn off the satellites that are monitoring the climate... low-earth phenomena, the LANDSAT and all the various measuring satellites that we have...
"Well, I remember back in 1978 I proposed a LANDSAT satellite for California. They called me 'Governor Moonbeam' because of that. I didn't get that moniker for nothing.
"And if Trump turns off the satellites, California will launch its own (d^mn) satellites!"
- Planet, signalling 'New Space' in California. Planet: “We’re going to be gaining insight into the changing planet in a way no one’s ever gotten before...”
- Planet Labs start-up story in GreenPolicy's Micro-satellites & Earth Science
- California and Silicon Valley digital technology power up a new industry and new ways of seeing and studying our world / Earth Imaging - New Space / Democratization of Space
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
More on Support for Science
- By Andrew Revkin
- By James Fallows
Constructive and Forward-looking Vision
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:52, 14 December 2016||476 × 344 (117 KB)||Siterunner|