Each of us can make a difference if we step up and try our best / Becoming Planet Citizens
File:DJT - US message to world.jpg
We Do Not Intend to Protect the Common Good
- The Week / 'That's a pretty remarkable statement. It says that we have no real friends and no real principles other than what's good for us. Sure, we might maintain an alliance, but it's always contingent, ready to be abandoned if doing so might give us a momentary advantage in this "elemental" war of all against all.'
- 'Imagine living your life that way — which I suppose is what Donald Trump has done in his 70 years on Earth.'
- US News / 'In late May, President Donald Trump's national security adviser H.R. McMaster and director of the White House National Economic Council Gary Cohn penned an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal praising their boss for his recent trip to Europe and the Middle East. "The president embarked on his first foreign trip with a clear-eyed outlook that the world is not a "global community," they wrote, "but an arena where nations, nongovernmental actors and businesses engage and compete for advantage." '
- 'Two days later, the president declared his intention to pull out of the Paris Accords – a 147 country effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and slow climate change. The op-ed and the withdrawal sum up what there is of a Trump foreign policy doctrine: the U.S. is engaged in a zero-sum competition with other countries where the benefits of cooperation are limited. It is a view of the world that simply doesn't fit with the facts, and one that is incredibly damaging to the prospects for America's security prosperity – along with the planet's.'
- Views and opinions from around the world.
- More / Jesse Ausubel / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_H._Ausubel
- The Guardian / 'In Trump’s darkest speech since the ‘American carnage’ inaugural address, the world was presented as something to fear rather than aspire to lead'
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:03, 10 June 2017||800 × 266 (45 KB)||Siterunner|