File:Irma on Monday.png
From Green Policy
Irma_on_Monday.png (657 × 577 pixels, file size: 275 KB, MIME type: image/png)
- Hurricane Irma Is "Largest Ever Recorded" in the Atlantic
- Irma is "most powerful Atlantic hurricane in recorded history"
- Wire service quotes (as of Noon Sept 6, 2017)
- ● The hurricane is so strong that it appeared on seismometers, which are designed to measure earthquakes, and has the potential for coastal storm surges of up to 20 feet (six metres) above normal tide levels...
- ● "This is like a movie I never want to see"
- ● Hurricane Irma becomes most powerful storm ever recorded in Atlantic Ocean / CBS News / Sep 6, 2017 12:42 AM EDT
- ● If it stays on the forecast track and reaches the Florida Straits, the water there is warm enough that the already "intense" storm could become much worse with wind speeds potentially reaching 225 mph, warned Kerry Emanuel, an MIT meteorology professor.
- ● "People who are living there (the Florida Keys) or have property there are very scared, and they should be..."
- (Recalling Hurricane Harvey in August. 'Harvey' hits Houston, Texas. Unusually warm ocean water magnifies the intensity of "extreme weather events"...)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:56, 6 September 2017||657 × 577 (275 KB)||Siterunner||Irma|