Brisbane, Australia Solar Hot Water Rebate Program
Brisbane City Council is offering a $400 rebate to the first 1500 Brisbane residents who install a solar hot water system or heat pump, to replace their existing gas or electric hot water systems.
Council’s Solar Water Heater Rebate Program aims to increase the number of Brisbane homes with solar hot water systems and heat pumps.
Criteria for the rebate:
- must be an existing home, replacing an existing gas or electric system with a solar hot water system or heat pump
- the replacement systems must be installed in a residential property (eg. private home or unit )
- the premises must be in the Brisbane City Council local government area and pay rates to Brisbane City Council
- the replacement solar hot water system must be of a standard that qualifies for a minimum of 20 Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- all systems must be installed by a licensed plumber and must be inspected by Council’s Plumbing Services Group
For a full list of eligibility criteria, download the Rebate Application Form (PDF - 54kb).