Lesley University, MA ECO-Rep Program
As part of our Sustainability initiative, the Task Force unanimously identified recycling as a priority. Lesley University has an extensive recycling program – but we as a community can do a better job of recycling - decreasing our waste, while increasing the amount of materials we recycle. For that effort, we are recruiting a team of volunteer ECO-REPS.
Eco-Reps are the Recycling experts and energy/water conservation officers, in your area, assisting in educating Lesley students, faculty and staff in proper recycling and conservation habits. Your area's Eco-Rep serves as a point of contact for the Sustainability Coordinator and Facilities- if there are changes in procedures or other issues, your Eco-Rep will communicate them to you - if there are issues with operations in terms of collections or receptacles, we ask you to bring it to your Eco-Rep's attention.
Your Responsibilities as an ECO-Rep:
- Monitor recycling program in your office, classroom, or dorm hall
- Ensure that recyclable materials do not pile up in your area and are properly taken care of in a timely fashion.
- Make sure that none of your office or dorm hall's recyclable materials could be considered fire hazards, or pest hazards.
- Remind your neighbors to turn off lights if rooms are not in use, shut windows (if applicable) when no one is in room, monitor the temperature in office space (where applicable), remind folks to not let the water run when washing lunch dishes, shut down their machine if their heading out to lunch or a meeting, etc.
- Have fun!!! Create materials like posters and flyers to remind your office and dorm mates on where and what to recycle.
- You will be the primary contact for problems, concerns or comments which can then be shared with firstname.lastname@example.org. Any issues or problems you come across, let us know so we can work on coming up with solutions!