Trillions of (micro) species -- https://cosmosmagazine.com/life-sciences/earth-home-trillion-species
Microbial 'new' Tree of Life -- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/12/science/scientists-unveil-new-tree-of-life.html
Microbes on land, in the soil -- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Category:Soil
Microbes-Cyanobacteria in the oceans, Blue-Green life -- www.tinybluegreen.com / http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/TinyBlueGreen
Microbiomes at risk -- http://www.greenpolicy360.net/w/Microbiomes_at_Risk
Earth may be home to a trillion species? -- http://www.archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2016/05/earth-may-be-home-to-one-trillion.html
- ●"Earth could contain nearly 1 trillion species, with only one-thousandth of 1 percent now identified"
- ●Study results suggest that actually identifying every microbial species on Earth is an almost unimaginably huge challenge. To put the task in perspective, the Earth Microbiome Project -- a global multidisciplinary project to identify microscope organisms -- has so far cataloged less than 10 million species.
- ●"Of those cataloged species, only about 10,000 have ever been grown in a lab, and fewer than 100,000 have classified sequences... this leaves 100,000 times more microorganisms awaiting discovery -- and 100 million to be fully explored. Microbial biodiversity, it appears, is greater than ever imagined."
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Soil (2)
Pages in category "Microorganism"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
Media in category "Microorganism"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Dirt, soil, worms, goo...
- Kelp NOAA credit Rober...
- Laudato Si conf-July 2...
- Laudato Si conference-...
- Moral issue-biodiversi...
- New Species Discovered...
- Prochlorococcus blue-g...
- Secret Life of Rivers.png