Toronto, Ontario Commercial Washer Rebate Program
Receive up to $125
The City of Toronto offers property owners and managers up to $125 cash back for each new high-efficiency (HE) commercial washer that is purchased or leased. Compared to conventional top-loading commercial washers, a new HE (front-loading) commercial washer can lower the cost of your annual water and energy bills by at least $860 per washing machine*.
- City of Toronto’s Multi-unit clothes washer study, 1999
Cash incentive amounts
Property owners receive $100 cash back for each new HE commercial washer that has been leased and installed in your facility. The route operators with whom you have a valid lease agreement may be eligible to receive $25 per leased washer.
Receive $125 cash back for the purchase and installation of each new HE commercial washer in your facility.
Who is eligible?
- Owners of multi-unit residential properties
- Public and private institutions with common-area laundries
- Coin laundry stores
- Businesses with on-premise washing machines (i.e. beauty salons, health clubs)
- Route operators with valid lease agreements with participating facilities
Participating facilities must have a City of Toronto water account and a water meter.
All high-efficiency (HE) front-loading commercial washers are eligible for the cash back offer. Front-loading washers utilize a horizontal-axis design that saves water and energy.