Springfield, OH Fair Housing
Fair Housing Program
The mission of the Springfield Fair Housing Program is to promote and ensure equal housing opportunities to all residents of the City of Springfield. Our goals are to inform housing consumers that housing markets are open to all without bias and assist consumers in securing fair housing rights when they experience housing discrimination. We work with area real estate and lending providers to ensure that housing markets are open to all without bias. Another aspect of the Springfield Fair housing Program is the extensive analysis of impediments to fair housing in Springfield and the developments of plans to overcome any impediments identified in various circumstances. We also provide information and referral for landlord-tenant issues.
ILLEGAL ACTS IN HOUSING:
- Refusal to sell or rent a dwelling after a "bonafide" offer has been made, or refusal to negotiate for the sale or rental of a dwelling.
- Making different terms and conditions for buying or renting housing.
- Make, print public or post statements or advertisements that a house or apartment is available only to persons of a certain race, color, sex, religion, national origin, handicap or familial status.
- Denying housing is available for inspection, sale or rental (when it really is).
- Discrimination in the financing, appraising, selling, brokering, or other "real estate related transactions," such as the making or purchasing of loans or providing other financial assistance.
- Denying to persons the use of real estate services, brokerage services, or multiple listing service.
- Threaten, coerce, intimidate or interfere with anyone exercising a fair housing right or assisting others who exercise that right.
Information about Fair Housing Law: Rights and Responsibilities. Assistance in filing Fair Housing Complaints to secure rights and remedies under the law. (When filing complaints, follow through and cooperation are essential to success.) Information & Referral on Landlord-Tenant Issues. Educational presentations on Fair Housing and related issues.