Overland Park, KS Smoking Ordinance
Status: Adopted in January 2008
Note: To read the full ordinance text, go here
Indoor smoking is not permitted in the City of Overland Park. This includes all:
- Places of employment
- Hotel/motel sleeping rooms
- Meeting rooms and convention facilities
- Retail establishments (except those whose primary business is the sale of tobacco products).
Smoking also is prohibited within 10 feet of an entrance to a public place. This prohibition does not apply within the public right-of-way or within the outdoor seating area of an eating or drinking establishment.
Smoking will not be prohibited within:
- On outdoor patios of eating and drinking establishments provided reasonable efforts are made to minimize the amount of smoke entering the establishment
- Private residences not serving as an enclosed place of employment or enclosed public place
- Retail establishments whose primary business is the sale of tobacco products
- Onstage during a live theatrical performance where smoking is integral to the plot or storyline and the audience is given prior notice
- General Q&A on smoking ordinance
If you have questions or comments, contact the Community Planning and Services Division at email@example.com or 913/895-6270.