Chelan County Public Utility District No. 1, WA Sustainability Principles
Status: In effect
Source File: http://www.chelanpud.org/5552.html
- Build upon our foundation of clean, renewable hydro power by implementing practices that promote sustainability including measures to increase efficiency, use of renewable resources and decrease production of waste.
Vehicles and Fuels
- Reduce the District’s use of fossil fuels and reduce vehicle air pollution considering current regulations and requirements.
Material Use and Disposal
- Encourage effective and efficient use of materials and the disposal of waste products.
- Encourage energy conservation and explore ways to improve the efficiency of our equipment and operations. Identify and implement programs to support customer/owners in the efficient use of electricity.
- Establish Chelan PUD as a renewable energy generation company. Build upon our legacy.
- Continue our efforts to maintain and protect the environmental resources that have been entrusted to our care.
Land and Water Conservation
- Encourage water conservation and explore ways to protect and enhance our lands and facilities in a responsible manner.
- Build upon our heritage of clean, renewable energy by exploring ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and develop a self-sustaining climate change program to reduce our carbon footprint and optimize the value of our energy resources.
- Keep employees and customer/owners aware of our sustainability principles to promote excellence in job performance and environmental matters.
- Closely monitor environmental regulations regionally and nationally to ensure our sustainability principles are consistent with those regulations. Maintain programs and procedures to ensure compliance.