Adelphi University, NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Program
Status: Founded in 1980
Source File: http://www.adelphi.edu/communityservices/cancer.php
The Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program seeks to educate and empower breast cancer patients.
The Hotline is available 24/7. Specially trained, professionally supervised volunteers, all of whom are breast cancer survivors themselves, offer emotional support, information, and referrals. The Hotline has been providing services to New Yorkers since 1980.
The Support Program is staffed by certified social workers and provides diversified support groups, individual counseling, and family counseling, as well as individual telephone counseling. The program is a clearing house for breast cancer resources and organizations throughout New York State.
- Local, State and National
- A founding member of the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC)
- First New York State Grassroots Coordinator of the National Breast Cancer Coalition
If you're concerned about breast cancer, call the hotline at 800-877-8077.
Questions can be about:
- Early detection
- Second opinions
- Finding an appropriate physician
- Insurance coverage related to breast cancer
- Locating convenient support groups
- Breast reconstruction
- Concerns about recurrences
- Understanding choices about medical treatment
- Anything concerning you about breast cancer
- Dealing with side effects of treatment