Each of us can make a positive difference stepping up & doing our best / Becoming Planet Citizens
Welcome to GreenPRO
GreenPRO, a project of the Green Institute, is an online database which lists local legislation that is congruent with Green values. Unlike numerous other web sites, we don't offer analysis and summaries of the legislation, but the wording of the legislation itself along with other pertinent information, including a link to the original source. In time, we hope to offer interesting background information for many of the entries listed in our database. There are literally hundreds of entries and the database is growing all the time!! See the Introduction Video.
This product is in the alpha testing phase. Please bear with us and let us know if you have any problems or suggestions.
GreenPRO was developed for use by all sorts of people. Whether you're a progressive elected official, an activist or a concerned citizen, GreenPRO lets you know how other communities are dealing with many of the key public policy issues of yesterday, today and tomorrow. If you're working to craft similar legislation for your local community OR you just want to get an idea of what might be possible, you can copy and paste the text from legislation from other locales and modify it to your own needs.
GreenPRO is also an excellent reference source for students of all ages! Whether you're studying public policy administration, urban planning, or any of a wide array of topics, GreenPRO will save you time and energy. Rather than spend hours and hours trying to locate source material, you will find much of what you're looking for right here, right now.
How to Use this Site:
Our team has worked very hard to make it easy for you to find what you're looking for! We've created a lot of different tools and avenues for you to choose from. These are outlined below. You can also watch a [tutorial].
1) Browse our Master Index
- The Master Index is broken down into categories and lists every single entry in GreenPRO.
2) Google Maps
- Are you a visual person? Do you want to see what kinds of Green legislation and programs have been introduced and/or passed in your locale? You can search by Cities, Counties and Educational Institutions.
3) Browse/Search GreenPRO through the use of a wide variety of categories
- Have you stopped by to see if you can find a specific piece of local legislation or are you merely interested in discovering what might be possible to introduce in your community?
- Use this link to view all the topics we presently cover (e.g., Peace, Housing, Youth, etc.)
- Use this link to search by location (e.g., U.S. States, etc.)
- Use this link to view by entity type (e.g., City Governments, School Districts, etc.)
- Use this link to view by type of legislation (e.g., ordinances, resolutions, etc.).
- Use this link to see all Notable Cities, and Notable Colleges
- Use this link to peruse all the categories in use on GreenPRO.
4) Searching the site on your own terms
- Simply enter your search words in the box to the left and click on Policy Search. You can enter subject words, place names, anything you want, and in any combination you want. Please be aware that searches must be at least three characters long. The database will not search for two-character search strings.
5) A Note about the "background info" tab
- As we continue to develop the various capabilities of GreenPRO, it is our intent to provide you with more background information in the form of summaries, analyses, news article, interviews and first person narratives.
- To know whether or not any given entry possesses background information, all you need to identify is the color of the tab. If the tab has blue lettering, then the entry does include background information. If the tab has red lettering, it means that it does NOT include background information...yet.
More help or ideas