Envisioning the Whole Earth @ PlanetCitizen.org
Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
'''Source File''': http://www.cob.org/government/public/boards-commissions/bicycle-ped.aspx
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall work with appropriate City staff on recommendations to the City Council regarding the following:
* The creation of an official system of designated on-street bikeways and their connections with off-street trails
* The installation of trails which would lead to the completion of alternative transportation corridors for cyclists and pedestrians
* Standards for constructing and delineating such bikeways
* Priorities for implementing new facilities
* The development of information programs to promote safe usage of such facilities.
* The Committee shall also solicit and encourage public comment to be incorporated in recommendations to the City Council.
Meetings are held on the last Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Mayor's Board Room, Second Floor of City Hall. Meetings last two hours and members may need to spend an additional one to five hours of their time outside meetings.
The Committee shall consist of nine members, appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Council, representing to the extent feasible both transportation and recreational interests. Appointments shall be for four-year terms. No compensation is paid to this Committee.
This is a minor edit
Watch this page